Success, in my opinion, is determined by individual values and expectations. Webster dictionary defines success as (noun); the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
Additionally, some of the most influential people has this to share about success:
• “A third measure of success that goes beyond the two metrics of money and power, and consists of four pillars: well-being, wisdom, wonder, and giving.” Arienna Huffington, CEO & Founder of Huffington Post
• “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.” John Wooden, All time Basketball legend
• “Your personal core values define who you are, and a company’s core values ultimately define the company’s character and brand,” Tony Hsieh, CEO Zappos
• “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” Maya Angelou, renowned poet and author
• “Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm,” Winston Churchill, author, activist
Imagine, if you will, a team of people that work for you and possess all of the above descriptions that define SUCCESS. That would be Diversity MBA. The culmination of all we are as a team came together on September 16th and 17th at our 9th Annual Business Leaders Conference. This signature event not only allowed us to celebrate achievement of others, but it showed us how working hard and together with purpose can breed success for every person that was involved.
I want to publically thank each person that contributed to the success of our main stage event. From the staff, to sponsors, vendors, consultants, planning teams, speakers, hotel staff, board, business partners, student and professional volunteers and friends. A village it took, and a village it will take, to continue this journey.
Finally, our theme “Changing the Paradigm” inspired deliberate conversations among our 900 attendees. I know their engagement was powerful based on the feedback…. with comments like; awesome, extraordinary, powerful, innovative, masterful, brilliant and more.
The one thing I know, success breeds innovation and inclusion for all. Follow this blog as I will be sharing the dynamic insights from our Successful 2015 business leaders conference.