MINORITY BUSINESS ENTERPRISES & FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES CELEBRATE EXCELLENCE IN SUPPLIER DIVERSITY
WHAT: National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC®) Leadership Awards gala, “The State of Minority Business: The Business and Economic Impact”.
WHO: NMSDC®, the nation’s most prolific matchmaker for minority-owned business enterprises and major corporations, is honoring leaders for the commitment to minority-owned business enterprises (MBEs). Honorees include:
- President’s Economic Impact Award: Rev. Jesse L. Jackson
- CEO of the Year: John Donovan, CEO, AT&T Communications
- CPO of the Year: Tony Tomczak, Vice President, Corporate Services and Chief Procurement Officer, DTE Energy
- Supplier Diversity Professional of the Year: Lance Hyde, Diversity Manager, EQT
- MBE of the Year: Sidd Ahmed, Founder and President, VDart
- Lifetime Achievement: Sidney Johnson, Vice Chair of NMSDC and Former Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Management, APTIV
- Vanguard Award: Jacqueline Marie Matos, President & CEO, Puerto Rico Minority Supplier Development Council
Award recipients will be available for interviews.
WHEN: Thursday, May 16, 2019
6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
WHERE: Grand Ballroom New York Hilton Midtown, 1335 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10019 (between West 53rd and 54th Streets)
WHY: Because of NMSDC’s work, minority business is no longer synonymous with small business. Mutually beneficial connections between MBEs and corporations has resulted in $400 billion in economic output and 2.2 million jobs.