According to the statistics, millennials are 30% more diverse than the baby boomer generation. The millennial generation has ushered in a new wave of the nation’s broader racial diversity that is now actively involved in the workforce. As diversity percentages begin to rise with each generation, understanding and learning to navigate workplace culture is key to success.
Enter Sharon E. Jones, a diversity trailblazer and immensely successful woman of color who offers a practical guide for hardworking and ambitious diverse professionals in her new book, Mastering the Game: Strategies for Career Success.
Based on her personal experiences navigating the conscious and unconscious biases of her supervisors and peers working in a variety of professional settings, Jones realized that, although the substantive work varies, the rules are the same.
Available for interviews, features, articles and more, Jones can discuss:
- How to master the psychological game: How diverse people can deal with the conscious and unconscious biases of the people around them
- The value of diversity in leadership roles: Why implementing gender, racial and ethnic diversity can enhance the productivity of any company or corporation
- The unwritten rules of the corporate world, and why learning about them is just as important as a company’s rules and systems for new hires
- The power of paying it forward: Once you get to the position of leadership, how to continue serving others
- Creating a personal definition of success while also “playing the game”
- What she would share with her younger self as she entered the “corporate game” as a Black female young professional in white male-dominated industries
- And, so much more!
Please let me know if you would be interested in speaking with Sharon Jones and/or receiving a copy of Mastering the Game. I appreciate your time and consideration, Pam. I look forward to hearing from you!
Courtney Link / SMITH PUBLICITY, INC.
firstname.lastname@example.org • 856-489-8654 x331
About the Author:
A graduate of Harvard Law School and Harvard College, Sharon E. Jones is the founder and CEO of Jones Diversity, Inc., which offers services to organizations looking to improve their workplace culture and create more diverse and inclusive teams. Her firm’s broad range of consulting services have enhanced the competitive edge of law firms, corporations, and not-for-profits by enabling each organization to fully utilize, retain, and promote diverse individuals into leadership roles.
Jones has practiced law and been a community leader over a twenty-five-year career, including positions as an Assistant U.S. Attorney, as Senior Counsel for Fortune 500 Corporations, and with major law firms. Additionally, she has served as a board member for the Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession and president of the Black Women Lawyers Association of Chicago, which she co-founded. She has won numerous awards as a lawyer, industry leader, and advocate, and is a frequent and available speaker.
Mastering the Game is now available for purchase on Amazon and through other major booksellers.