BCBSMA’s new business accelerator will provides financial, strategic and mentorship support to founders of color focused on creating equitable health care services and solutions, including $150,000 in investment.
The first cohort includes 5 companies:
- Bloomer Tech’s vision is to be at the forefront of solving major women’s global health issues, starting by tailoring cardiovascular health care to women using advanced fabrics technology and machine learning.
- MedHaul is a cloud-based management platform for non-emergency patient transportation with a mission to innovate access and improve the quality of care in vulnerable communities.
- Quality Interactions focuses on cultural competency solutions to improve health outcomes and has trained more than 250,000 health care professionals at the country’s largest hospitals, health plans and medical schools.
- SoHookd is a digital wellness platform offering wellness-centric rewards, events, and challenges to health plans and employers.
- TQIntelligence utilizes validated diagnostic tools, AI and voice recognition technology to enable therapists to make more accurate diagnoses faster.
The program had a “Pitch Day” on May 19, 2022 to provide the companies with exposure. You can watch the recording here: https://himss.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN__LqDivKDT5C6x7NzcqFwog