Masks For The People is a humanitarian campaign, launched by Pastor Michael McBride and Faith in Action’s LIVE FREE campaign, in response to the disproportionate impact COVID-19 is having on underserved, minority communities, to ensure people have access to lifesaving personal protective equipment (PPE) and preventive care.
As a result, we are partnering with Dr. James Corbett and Initium Health to secure a supply chain of FDA approved masks, hand sanitizer, and other PPE for existing and newly incarcerated individuals, essential workers and the most vulnerable residents within communities of color.
On April 13, Twitter Founder & CEO Jack Dorsey donated $1M and we are continuing fundraising to bring more resources and awareness.
- DONATE to Sustain Supply Chain of PPE
- EDUCATE Misinformed Americans on Preventive Care Tip
- ADVOCATE for Equitable Resources (Preventive Care, PPE, Mass Testing etc.)
HOW IT WORKS:
The following communities will be provided access to PPE at the Masks For The People site:
- New Orleans
- Los Angeles
- St. Louis
Local organizations and activists will have designated distribution locations in each market for community members to collect PPE kits.
INFLUENCER REQUEST FOR PARTICIPATION:
Join a growing collection of artists, athletes and advocates like NBA Coach Steve Kerr, Angela Rye, Erica Campbell and Senator Elizabeth Warren to leverage your influence to educate and support communities of color as we cut through the noise of conspiracy theories and misinformation.
- Record a :60 Educational PSA (e.g PPE Usage, PPE Kit Registration etc.) — Script will be Provided.
- Guest Appearance on #MasksForThePeople Facebook LIVE show with W. Kamau Bell and Pastor Michael McBride — Show Highlights the Issues Facing Communities of Color
- Share #MasksForThePeople Posts Across Social Media Platforms — Content will be Provided